Documentum connector Support Windows Server 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Does anybody manage to get Documentum Connector for SharePoint 2013 working with Windows Server 2012 R2? According to the documentation; I could not find any text that clearly states that Windows Server 2012 R2 is supported or not (they are only talking about Windows Server 2012)

The Main Microsoft Official sources for this are:

Configure and use the Documentum connector in SharePoint Server 2013

I have found the following: "The supported operating systems are Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, and Windows Server 2012"

Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Indexing Connector for Documentumm Download Page

I have found the following: "Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, and Windows Server 2012"

The reason why I am asking is because I am getting the following error when trying to run the indexer:

Error while crawling LOB contents

I have also found this in ULS Logs:

Illegal Characters in path

If it is not supported; then somebody should update the previous 2 articles and mention that explicitly.

Thursday, June 26, 2014 4:42 AM

Answers

• I see that this is March 2014 update. 

May be there are still some issues which are not yet identified related to Documentum and other 3rd party products.

You can report this to MS and check more from them

If this helped you resolve your issue, please mark it Answered

Friday, June 27, 2014 4:17 AM

All replies

• I just found this

http://blogs.technet.com/b/wbaer/archive/2013/09/22/sharepoint-2013-support-for-windows-server-2012-r2.aspx

Currently, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 is not supported for installation on computers running the Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system.   Installing SharePoint Server 2013 on a computer that is running Windows Server 2012 R2 could lead to unexpected behavior, therefore, Microsoft does not support SharePoint Server 2013 in Windows Server 2012 R2.

Did you install SharePoint on Windows Server 2012 R2. May be that is causing the issue

Thursday, June 26, 2014 5:21 AM
  • Thank you for your reply Inderjeet.

I already managed to install SharePoint 2013 SP1 on Windows Server R2. if you check this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2891274/en-us it clearly states that:

"Before the release of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Service Pack 1 (SP1), Microsoft did not support the installation of SharePoint Server 2013 in a Windows Server 2012 R2-based environment"

And since SharePoint with SP1 is released officially (found in MSDN Subscribers Download) then -Logically-it should be supported.

However, you still have a  good point because if you go to SharePoint 2013 software requirements, you gonna find out that Windows Server 2012 R2 is not listed between the supported Operating Systems.

Thats confusing, documentation should be updated to mention this explicitly.

Thursday, June 26, 2014 5:53 AM
  • I see that this is March 2014 update. 

May be there are still some issues which are not yet identified related to Documentum and other 3rd party products.

You can report this to MS and check more from them

Friday, June 27, 2014 4:17 AM