none
How to delete a reserved name? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to delete a reserved name. I can't see any way to do that. Also, there seems no way to submit a support ticket to request such deletion. Please help.

Thanks.

Saturday, October 12, 2019 8:25 AM

Answers

• Hi SanjaySk,

In order to delete the older name for the app in the Store, you need to reserve a new name for your app and do some other updates for the app. When the old name is no longer in use, you can delete it.You could follow the below steps:

Step 1: Reserve a new name
    Step 2: Update your App Package
    Step 3: Create a new submission
    Step 4: Upload the new package.
    Step 5: Delete old packages
    Step 6: Update Store listing page
    Step 7: Submit to the store
    Step 8: Delete the older name

For more detailed info for each step, you can refer to Rename A Published App.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SanjaySk Monday, October 14, 2019 2:10 AM
    Monday, October 14, 2019 1:26 AM

All replies

• Hi SanjaySk,
    What do you mean by "a reserved name"?

Ashidacchi -- https://ssl01.rocketnet.jp/hokusosha.com/default.html

Saturday, October 12, 2019 4:26 PM
  • I mean an App name reserved but now don't want to use.
    Saturday, October 12, 2019 5:21 PM
  • Deleted
    Saturday, October 12, 2019 7:45 PM
  • Hi SanjaySk,

In order to delete the older name for the app in the Store, you need to reserve a new name for your app and do some other updates for the app. When the old name is no longer in use, you can delete it.You could follow the below steps:

Step 1: Reserve a new name
    Step 2: Update your App Package
    Step 3: Create a new submission
    Step 4: Upload the new package.
    Step 5: Delete old packages
    Step 6: Update Store listing page
    Step 7: Submit to the store
    Step 8: Delete the older name

For more detailed info for each step, you can refer to Rename A Published App.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SanjaySk Monday, October 14, 2019 2:10 AM
    Monday, October 14, 2019 1:26 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

Thank you. I had found that screen earlier from one of your answers but the screens have changed
    and I couldn't locate it. Moreover, I had already created a new App with the new name and it is
    published now.

In that case, there is no "delete" option for the old App or its name. Anyway, I hope, it will
    automatically get deleted after 3 months. Or, I now have another idea. When I create my
    next App, instead of creating a new name from the main menu, I will use this procedure
    on the existing name and then I can delete it.

BTW, the screens have changed. The App Management is now called Product Management.

Thanks.

Monday, October 14, 2019 2:10 AM