none
BizTalk 2013r2 Oracle Upsert Request: ORA-01013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have a BizTalk 2013r2 solution which makes great use of the Oracle WCF adapter. All works well except for a particular send port which is configured to provide an "Upsert" request to Oracle. This composite request is created in a C# helper assembly and consists of deletes followed by inserts. The property "UseAmbientTransaction" is set to True on the send port, which works well. It generally provides approximately 30,000 inserts and 500 deletes as part of each Upsert request. I can confirm that the "enableBizTalkCompatibility" property of the send port is also set to True.

My problem is that approximately 3 out 4 attempts by the send port fail, with the following error being raised:

"ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleErrorHelper". I can work around this by increasing the number of automatic re-tries on the send port but I'm concerned that this may mask a problem with more serious consequences as additional BizTalk processes interact with the same Oracle platform. A successful upsert typically takes about 50 seconds to complete.

I know very little about Oracle but a search of the web suggests my particular error is caused by a timeout. The binding properties of the adapter expose the following 4 timeout settings but according to documentation here https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd788467.aspx only the "open Timeout" and "receive Timeout" are supported, which I have set to 15 and 10 minutes.

At the time BizTalk makes the Upsert request, it is making no other interactions with Oracle. It is co-ordinated from an orchestration (which calls the helper assembly to compose the upsert message) and there is never more than one instance of the orchestration active at any given time. Also, we've checked some sort of Oracle Profiler tool and it seems there's nothing else going on when the Uspert fails - which is as we'd expect since we believe we're the only ones using the Oracle platform at the time.

Any suggestions as to what may be causing the problem or what steps I could take to assist with diagnosis would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 10:40 AM

Answers

• My problem is that approximately 3 out 4 attempts by the send port fail, with the following error being raised:

"ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleErrorHelper".

HI Rob,

According to the error message above, here are some suggestions.

• Check Transport Advance Options at the send port
    • Check the transaction timeout

Please check whether it makes any difference.

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, February 25, 2015 11:04 AM
    Friday, February 20, 2015 8:19 AM