none
outlook2013 vsto add in using vs2012and clickonce deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to create a addin for outlook 2013 using visual studio 2012 (vb.net) ; I have created a ribbon and added windows form on the click event. I've couple of questions regarding deployment.

When I try to install on client machine it gives me error "certificate used to sign the deployment manifest for 'appname' or its location is not trusted.

also I am worried about 'certificate expiration date'

How Can I create my own certificate pro grammatically or will it be handled by publish command from vs2012?

how can I  increase certificate expiration up to 5 years.?

trust me I've googled it for a week, but I couldnt find an answer ;;; I am confused now....

Please help me

• Edited by ashley2012 Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:25 AM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:20 AM

All replies

• Hello ashley2012,

This is a common issue for all VSTO developers. Please take a look at the Troubleshooting common VSTO issues – Part 2 article which states the following:

Ensure that the ClickOnce trust prompt is enabled for the zone from which you are trying to load the customization. Navigate to the below registry key and ensure that the PromptingLevel is set to Enabled for the zone from where you are trying to load the customization.

On 32 bit machines:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\.NETFramework\Security\TrustManager\PromptingLevel

On 64 bit machines:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MICROSOFT\.NETFramework\Security\TrustManager\PromptingLevel

For more information, visit How to: Configure Inclusion List Security.

If you are installing the customization from a web site, then make sure that the site is added to the trusted sites.

Also you may find the Troubleshooting Office Solution Security page in MSDN helpful.
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:04 AM
  •   

Dear Eugene,

Thank you for your response. and an apology for the late response. I've searching answer for a while...... but I didnt get a alert that  my question has been answered by you. I am new to msdn.

1. Regarding -Troubleshooting common VSTO issues – Part 2 

I've been to this page before. confusing part in my case is my development machine is 64 bit but client machine is 32 bit machine . I want to install this add within the secured network for client. which prompting level needs to be enabled?

2. Regarding -Inclusion List security this link gives me code. Do i need to add following code to a class and then call that class.. I cant find any example for this.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb772070(v=vs.110).aspx 

Dim key As Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey
    key = Microsoft.Win32.Registry.LocalMachine.CreateSubKey("SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\.NETFramework\Security\TrustManager\PromptingLevel")
    key.SetValue("MyComputer", "Enabled")
    key.SetValue("LocalIntranet", "Enabled")
    key.SetValue("Internet", "AuthenticodeRequired")
    key.SetValue("TrustedSites", "Enabled")
    key.SetValue("UntrustedSites", "Disabled")
    key.Close()

please help me Thanks ashley

Thursday, February 27, 2014 12:13 AM