none
Questions of dashboard by using VBA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

1) May I know is it VBA can be stand-alone program?

2) The performance of the excel drop exponentially when data become larger, any solution to solve it?

Thursday, March 15, 2018 1:31 AM

All replies

• Answer to question one is no. VBA is incorporated into the Office application environments.

Answer to question two, we would need know specifically where you are having performance issues. Is it in the VBA code that is running?

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:11 PM
  • Thanks for reply.

For question 1, if VBA can't, if I convert vba into vb and compile it as .exe file. Is it need microsoft to open it?

For question 2, Yes, the data is running.  The performance issues such as the more data that a dashboard needs to display, the slower that dashboard will be to load.

• Edited by Mr_Who Friday, March 16, 2018 7:39 AM
    Friday, March 16, 2018 7:21 AM
  • Thanks for reply.

For question 1, if VBA can't, if I convert vba into vb and compile it as .exe file. Is it need microsoft to open it?

For question 2, Yes, the data is running.  The performance issues such as the more data that a dashboard needs to display, the slower that dashboard will be to load.

If you use VB 6.0 or VB.NET, yes you can copy the VBA code and create an .exe.

For question two, I do not know what your code is doing, but yes if you have more data it will take more time to display. Maybe you should only display some of the data, or the amount of data that would be visible on the screen. You can press or click a button then to see more data.

Friday, March 16, 2018 1:21 PM
  • Thank you for reply.

May I know, after vba converted to VB to compile it as .exe, is it need Microsoft to run it? 

Monday, March 19, 2018 6:53 AM
  • Thank you for reply.

May I know, after vba converted to VB to compile it as .exe, is it need Microsoft to run it? 

Usually just a runtime library, but it may already be installed. If you are working with an Office app then that app would probably still need to be installed, depending upon what you are doing. For some applications, like Excel, you can work on a document using data access methods like OLEDB with ADO/ADO.NET without Excel.

Monday, March 19, 2018 3:43 PM
  • In one of your earlier posts you said you needed a desktop and mobile dashboard.  I suggested doing a web based solution.  You can use Angular to create a Single-Page-App (SPA).  You need to be clear on what you want to do to provide any guidance.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:27 AM