Never expires RRS feed

• Question

• User486380285 posted

Hi,

what is the best way to make the session never expires and the user is always connected?

Actually i have this:

<forms protection="All" timeout="59" loginUrl="~/tqn/Login.aspx?usuario=" cookieless="AutoDetect"></forms>

Best Regards

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:37 AM

Answers

• User-760709272 posted

You can't have a session that never expires, if you want a site that behaves like this you'll need to code it for yourself.  ie persist the data somewhere other than the session, and store the user's "session id" in your own permanent cookie.  Next have a seamless load of the user's state when they begin to browse your site.

As for always logged on, again use "remember me" and set the period for an appropriate length.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:45 AM

All replies

• User-760709272 posted

You can't have a session that never expires, if you want a site that behaves like this you'll need to code it for yourself.  ie persist the data somewhere other than the session, and store the user's "session id" in your own permanent cookie.  Next have a seamless load of the user's state when they begin to browse your site.

As for always logged on, again use "remember me" and set the period for an appropriate length.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:45 AM
  • User486380285 posted

Ok. Thanks, i use the remember me.

thanks

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:53 AM