How to Reset a four levels Cascading Drop Down list RRS feed

• Question

• I have 4 levels Cascading Drop Down List on LightSwitch HTML Client application. When my custom filled in all four levels lists, then he/she changed mind to re-select the lists. My question is when the top list has been changed, i want rest of other lists have been reset to nothing or default value. Any advice or suggestion will be very appreciated. 

Thanks.

Friday, November 15, 2013 6:19 PM

All replies

• I have three levels nested dropdown lists. if I choose first dropdown list, the second dropdown choices depends on the first selection, then third one depends on the second and first choices.

My question is if I re-select the first dropdown list, how can I let second and third selection reset automatically?

Thanks for all the advise and suggestions,

--Wanda

• Merged by Angie Xu Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:20 AM same topic
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:54 AM
  • Hi YWanda

For this creating Cascading Drop Down Lists issue, it's recommended to refer Beth Massi's blogs about creating Cascading Drop Down Lists, I think it will be good guide for us.

Creating Cascading Drop Down Lists  

Drop-down Lists Tips & Tricks (Beth Massi)

hope it helps,

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 5:50 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. My question was how to reset the Cascading Drop Down List for LightSwitch HTML Client not create them. I have been created those four levels of nested Cascading Drop Down Lists successfully but don't know how to reset them when the parents list changed.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:57 PM