none
I Think Unity Ruined My VS

Question

• I downloaded 8GB worth of Unity... part of the installation was "Visual Studio Tools for Unity", I vaguely remember having that already installed when I installed VS, so I dismissed the installation.

When I opened VS, my recent WPF project has none of its components, and the "Project" tab is gone.

Thursday, January 28, 2016 5:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

Does your issue still exist?

Please try to restore Visual Studio default settings using this command: “devenv.exe /resetsettings”.

By the way, to validate whether the cause is in "Visual Studio Tools for Unity". Please uninstall the Visual Studio Tools for Unity. Then try it again.

For your case, I think there might be something wrong in your Visual Studio. I suggest you could repair your Visual Studio first. Then if you want to use Visual Studio Tools for Unity. Install the Visual Studio 2015 Tools for Unity.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, February 1, 2016 1:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please tell me what's the version of your Visual Studio?

>>When I opened VS, my recent WPF project has none of its components, and the "Project" tab is gone.

According to your description. I think the Unity installation affect your Visual Studio. Now I think there might be something wrong with your Visual Studio.

In addition. The "Visual Studio Tools for Unity" which need to be installed separately for every version of Visual Studio.

I just take VS2105 as an example: if you want to use this extension. you need to install the Visual Studio 2015 Tools for Unity.

So for your issue. I suggest you could first repair your VS. Then try to check whether the VS can work well. Then install the corresponding version of Visual Studio Tools for Unity.

If after repairing your VS, it still can't work normally. I think you may need to uninstall all the Visual Studio then install the Visual Studio again. After installing the VS then install the corresponding VS Tools for Unity.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, January 29, 2016 5:54 AM
  • Community 2015.

I closed and restarted the program, and things went back to normal.

I had to reopen each component and it was able to be restored.

Friday, January 29, 2016 11:00 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

Does your issue still exist?

Please try to restore Visual Studio default settings using this command: “devenv.exe /resetsettings”.

By the way, to validate whether the cause is in "Visual Studio Tools for Unity". Please uninstall the Visual Studio Tools for Unity. Then try it again.

For your case, I think there might be something wrong in your Visual Studio. I suggest you could repair your Visual Studio first. Then if you want to use Visual Studio Tools for Unity. Install the Visual Studio 2015 Tools for Unity.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, February 1, 2016 1:49 AM