Can I move web jobs that I have in Azure Scheduler to App Service web jobs? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Some days ago I got an update from the Azure updates blog which says the Azure Scheduler will be retired completely on December 31st, 2019, and the Scheduler Free SKU will be disabled on September 30th, 2019.

As far as I know, the web jobs are stored under an Azure App Service, and the Azure Scheduler just runs the web jobs at the specified schedules created under Azure Scheduler. My question is if I can continue having the web jobs under an Azure App Service as is and just recreating the schedules using other options, such as CRON expressions. This way I don't have to redesign the complex logic my web jobs have, as migrating to Azure Logic Apps won't be a trivial work.

What would the steps I have to follow for that kind of work? I can see in the Microsoft docs just steps to migrate to Azure Logic Apps, but migrating to CRON expressions is not offered over there. I was able to find how to specify a CRON expression for a new web job in an App Service, however I'd like to know if that would be the same for a web job which was scheduled using Azure Scheduler.

Regards,

Jorge Morales Vidal

.NET Software Engineer from Lima, Peru. I like Microsoft technologies since .NET Framework 1.1, many years ago. I'm focused on web tools and frameworks, mostly in the backend side of things.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 9:42 PM

All replies

• Thanks for reaching out! My recommendation would be to use logic apps if the design can be migrated to Logic apps from Schedular. As you were saying,it's a complex logic,you would need to adjust your job according to the webjob. If you need assistance in customizing it or migrating it, as of now there are no docs available, however you can reach out to Microsoft Azure Support by following these steps.

AFAIK, yes the web jobs uses CRON expressions similar to the webjobs. 

Hope this helps!

Friday, October 11, 2019 7:01 AM