none
Enabling .NET Framework 4.7 on LightSwitch Server Projects RRS feed

• Question

• Can I use .NET Framenwork 4.7 on Lightswitch? how can I make the change?
    Thursday, September 20, 2018 8:47 AM

All replies

• For what its worth, I've installed the latest dot net core sdk's on my LS Dev box without issue. I know, not the same...

Just make plenty of backups whenever you change your environment, now that MS isn't too concerned about LS compatibility anymore. I've had plenty of problems lately with never versions of Office Developer Tools, etc. breaking things.

Stephen

Thursday, September 20, 2018 7:07 PM
  • I work with Lightswitch SL Client until today with no problem, my dev machine settings:

Visual Studio 2013 Update 5 with many third party extensions for Lightswitch
    Visual Studio 2017 15.8.4
    Sql Server Express 2012 SP4 With Advanced Services
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit - v1803 - comp. 17134.286
    Many .NET Frameworks installed

Friday, September 21, 2018 6:33 PM
  • For what its worth, I've installed the latest dot net core sdk's on my LS Dev box without issue. I know, not the same...

Just make plenty of backups whenever you change your environment, now that MS isn't too concerned about LS compatibility anymore. I've had plenty of problems lately with never versions of Office Developer Tools, etc. breaking things.

Stephen

I've had a very similar experience. On my dev machine if I install Visual Studio 2017, even just the SSDT shell, it breaks the LS VS 2015 environment. I have to reinstall 2015 to fix it.

Also, on my dev machine again, ISS Express got updated recently causing me to be unable to debug any of my LS projects. Took me a few days to figure out that ISS Express had a minor update rolled out and that they made a slight change to the applicationhost.config file in the .vs folder. Delete that config file and everything was good again.

Super paranoid now. Backup often and never, never update ANYTHING related to Visual Studio on my dev machine anymore. Whats worse, we are migrating to W10 soon and Ive heard that you cannot disable updates... Lovely.

Jeremy

Friday, October 19, 2018 2:15 PM