none
RegASM warning for Bing Translator Web service RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am calling the Bing Translator Web service from a managed DLL imported into a native C++ exe. (I'm calling the web service from native c++.)

However, I am getting a strange exception when executing the following statement:

// Create the interface pointer.

ISpeakPtr pISpeak(__uuidof(GeorgeSpeak));

The exception thrown is the following: An unhandled exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException' occurred in GeorgeServer.exe

Additional information: External component has thrown an exception.

A warning from running DisASM from the command-line for the managed dll stated:

Type registed successfully Type library exporter warning processing 'ManagedGeorgeSpeak.LanguageClient.LanguageServiceClient, ManagedGeorgeSpeak'. Warning: Type library exporter encountered a type that derives from a generic class and is not marked as [ClassInterface(ClassInterfaceType.None)]. Class interfaces cannot be exposed for such types. Consider marking the type with [ClassInterface(ClassInterface.Type.None)] and exposing an explicit interface as the default interface to COM using the ComDefaultInterface attribute.

How do I apply the attribute to the web service? Is this the cause of the exception?

Regards,

William Johnston

williamj

Monday, January 7, 2013 6:14 PM

Answers