none
Problems Launching App on a Seperate Machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im making a console app for a client. its pretty much done, but the problem I have is this. 

On my pc, the app launches, and runs just fine, but when I give him the app, it crashes.

I think it has something to do with the build settings, since I have the lib reference files set to "Copy Local: True".

so I don't really know what the problem is.

I have platform target set to x86, but not sure what else it may be.

I also tried setting the .Net framework to 4.5, and downloading 4.5 on my laptop to test it on there. No luck, it just doesn't open, or start the app.

Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:45 PM

Answers

• Ever thought of wrapping the "main" code in big try...catch block, then Console.Writeline() the Exception.ToString() out to see what it says?

If it can't run at all, maybe you'll want to reinstall the .NET runtime there.

Friday, June 21, 2013 7:46 AM
    Answerer
  • Do you reference any Non-Microsoft DLLs ? If yes, then make sure they reside at the same place where exe resides.

I hope this helps.

Please mark this post as answer if it solved your problem. Happy Programming!

Saturday, June 22, 2013 4:41 AM

All replies

• Ever thought of wrapping the "main" code in big try...catch block, then Console.Writeline() the Exception.ToString() out to see what it says?

If it can't run at all, maybe you'll want to reinstall the .NET runtime there.

Friday, June 21, 2013 7:46 AM
    Answerer
  • Do you reference any Non-Microsoft DLLs ? If yes, then make sure they reside at the same place where exe resides.

I hope this helps.

Please mark this post as answer if it solved your problem. Happy Programming!

Saturday, June 22, 2013 4:41 AM