how to stop flipview preRendering RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Flipview. It has three xaml pages e.g page1.xaml, page2.xaml, page3.xaml.When I tap on page1.xaml it also render page2.xaml before I go on page2.xaml.I want to stop this pre-rendering.How can I stop flipview from Prerendering next  page. 

Monday, November 25, 2013 3:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can implement UI virtualization in Flipview. With UI virtualization, the data set is still kept in memory, but an item container is created only when the item is nearly ready to be shown in the UI.

Refer to the link below to get more information:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh780657.aspx

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Edited by Anne Jing Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:05 AM edit
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:03 AM
  • I have implemented virtualization. But It loads next page while I am on current page. 

In simple words, my requirement is that flipview load only current page and not next page.

How to load one page in a flipview at time?
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:51 PM
  • Hi,

You can describe your problem in detail. If you add there page item in Flipview:

<FlipView>
                <local:MainPage></local:MainPage>
                <local:BlankPage2></local:BlankPage2>
                <local:BlankPage1></local:BlankPage1>
            </FlipView>

The flipview display the next item when you swipe or click the "<" button. If you click the button, you already go to next Page. In other words, you do not swipe or click the button, the flipview do not render the next page.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Edited by Anne Jing Friday, November 29, 2013 6:46 AM edit
    Friday, November 29, 2013 6:45 AM