Small Basic Compiler RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed in the smallbasic folder that there is a program called "small basic compiler."  Does anyone know how this works. 

• Edited by hmsprogrammer Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:13 AM Found answer
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:53 PM

Answers

• Found the answer.  Write your program in any text editor (Notepad), save, and then drag your file <filename.sb> ontop of the Small Basic Compiler, and it will produce a .exe along with a needed dll to run.  Cool.
    • Marked as answer by litdev Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:13 PM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:16 AM

All replies

• Well, from my understanding, using the SmallBasic editor, you write your code, and when you click Run(F5), it starts the SmallBasic Compiler.exe, and sends it an argument with possibly the code or the encrypted code, not a filepath. The code I am guessing passes through several stages, converting it and making into an exe file. So when you try to open it with a .SB file, I think that it tries to convert the FILEPATH STRING, not the contents, into an exe file, which won't work. I am guessing it can only be started with an encrypted code, or a code, but not a filepath, or maybe a filepath, and another argument that helps the compilation.

This is all just a guess.

~~AirWaves!!~~
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 1:50 AM
  • Found the answer.  Write your program in any text editor (Notepad), save, and then drag your file <filename.sb> ontop of the Small Basic Compiler, and it will produce a .exe along with a needed dll to run.  Cool.
    • Marked as answer by litdev Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:13 PM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:16 AM