Connect to Storage Account inside vnet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have storage account accessible only from within a virtual network.

What should be the rest of the setup, so ADF can connect to this storage account? Should this be done with some exceptions or something like that? I understand that Azure Data Factory itself cannot be added to the vnet?

Right now I get error: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. (ErrorCode: 403, Detail: This request is not authorized to perform this operation

Thanks in advance.

Ignacy

Friday, December 7, 2018 4:46 PM

Answers

• You could setup your selfhosted integration runtime inside your VNet to access the resources. Actually ADF is working on a providing a feature which helps customer to run jobs inside VNet in ADF managed IR and then you are not required to setup selfhosted IR in the future. It should be available in 2019.

The 403 error message is not provided by ADF while by Azure Storage, if you use Azure Storage client lib you would find it the same error.

MSDN

• Marked as answer by jangcy Monday, December 10, 2018 7:35 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2018 6:32 PM

All replies

• You could setup your selfhosted integration runtime inside your VNet to access the resources. Actually ADF is working on a providing a feature which helps customer to run jobs inside VNet in ADF managed IR and then you are not required to setup selfhosted IR in the future. It should be available in 2019.

The 403 error message is not provided by ADF while by Azure Storage, if you use Azure Storage client lib you would find it the same error.

MSDN

• Marked as answer by jangcy Monday, December 10, 2018 7:35 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2018 6:32 PM
  • Thanks Lili, 

That's what I thought. Thanks for the heads-up about this new feature.

Monday, December 10, 2018 7:36 AM