none
Cannot find Direct command for connected standby C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hello , 

As known there are direct commands for power states in windows and c# like Shutdown/Sleep/Hibernate

But I cant find the direct command to get the machine into Connected Standby state (On the machines that supports this power state)

I searched this , but All I found was using Microsoft Driver Test Kit , but it requires run time to be installed on the machine  

So is there any command can be used directly form Windows API , or .net framework for Connected standby ?

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:45 AM

Answers

• You can send WakeOnLan magic packet through UDPClient to wake it if the BIOS/UEFI setting is set to allow wake on NIC (or some may just sau "Enable WakeOnLan"). There's no way you can wake a sleeping/standby/hibernated machine remotely other than this because the OS and applications are sleeping. You have to rely on machanism provided by the motherboard.

You'll need to know target machine's MAC address to use this.
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:12 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hiya,

What do you mean by "Connected Standby state"? Have a look at this link;

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa373229%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Please provide additional information. Thanks.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 12:12 AM
  • You can send WakeOnLan magic packet through UDPClient to wake it if the BIOS/UEFI setting is set to allow wake on NIC (or some may just sau "Enable WakeOnLan"). There's no way you can wake a sleeping/standby/hibernated machine remotely other than this because the OS and applications are sleeping. You have to rely on machanism provided by the motherboard.

You'll need to know target machine's MAC address to use this.
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:12 AM
    Answerer