In Step 3: Anyone Running Into "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: fileName" exception?

Question

• I've run into the exception below a number of times when attempting to complete Step 3/3: Javascript code rewriting". The optimization settings used are the default.

Is anyone familiar with this? Does anyone know how to work around this?

Thanks,
    Walker

===Exception Information===

Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: fileName

Void .ctor(System.String)

at System.IO.FileInfo..ctor(String fileName)
       at Microsoft.AjaxView.StaticDoloto.StaticRewriter.WriteHelperJavaScript(String mainJavaScriptFile, String mainOriginalFile, String dolotoGetFuncURL, Boolean htmlFound) in D:\work\AjaxView\doloto\StaticDoloto\StaticRewriter.cs:line 984
       at Microsoft.AjaxView.StaticDoloto.StaticRewriter.Run(String[] inputFiles, String outputDir, String clusterfile, String dolotoGetFuncURL, Boolean crunchJavaScript, Int32 minSizeToStub, Boolean updateHTMLReferences) in D:\work\AjaxView\doloto\StaticDoloto\StaticRewriter.cs:line 110
       at Microsoft.AjaxView.StaticDoloto.Program.Run(String[] s_args, TextWriter tw) in D:\work\AjaxView\doloto\StaticDoloto\Program.cs:line 40
       at Microsoft.AjaxView.DolotoChooser.RewritingWizard.processing_NextClicked() in D:\work\AjaxView\doloto\Doloto\DolotoChooser\WizardUI\RewritingWizard.cs:line 47
       at DolotoUI.WizardControl.nextButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:36 PM

All replies

• Well, after an exhaustively close reading of the screen shots inside the "Getting Started" PDF, I can answer my own question.

In Step 3, when entering the Cluster file name, select one of the generated files named like clusters_62410286.txt

Call me crazy but I kept trying to use the log.doloto file.
    Friday, January 22, 2010 10:14 PM