installing active sync at windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using visual studio .net 2008 and my os is windows 7. After installing active sync while running this this is showing This program is blocked due to compatible issue. And it is saying previous version of active sync can not be installed on windows vista or latter. So, which way I can install this active sync.

Thanks.

jamil
    Monday, July 11, 2011 4:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• No, you cannot intstall ActiveSync - you'd need to install Windows Mobile Device Center instead.

See http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp6/sync/installing-wmdc.aspx for details

MVP Windows Embedded
    • Proposed as answer by PaulH79 Monday, July 11, 2011 1:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:37 AM
    Monday, July 11, 2011 7:01 AM
  • HI  have instaled Windows Mobile Device Center but when install  [i900JCIC1_updater_vista] see,, Please install Microsoft Active Sync  first  and when install this apear   ,, This program is blocked due to compatibility issues. What is this shit? Have instaled windows 7

Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:45 PM
  • OMG I have been trying for hours to find out how to sync my htc to my new laptop, thank you Michael the link and download worked :)
    • Edited by Jax F Tuesday, April 17, 2012 10:39 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 10:37 AM
  • No, you cannot intstall ActiveSync - you'd need to install Windows Mobile Device Center instead.

See http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp6/sync/installing-wmdc.aspx for details

MVP Windows Embedded
    thnks a lot for the link it helped me a lot.
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 8:28 AM
  • The link now points to ads about Windows Phone.
    Tuesday, November 5, 2013 6:03 PM
  • I googled the download and it is only for vista. We have devices that won't work without active sync, getting the error message that it is blocked and no alternatives.
    Thursday, May 19, 2016 5:04 AM
  • Hi Jadzla,

By "It is blocked" I assume you mean windows is asking if you would give the Application access to open the connection.  If you add it to the trusted apps list it should work for you.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Thursday, June 9, 2016 6:27 PM