SSL Certificate config issue : Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate RRS feed

• Question

• User1551066525 posted

Hi all,

I configured two web application in two different machines and each one using the different self-signed certificate. Below is the environment information

Application 1 -> Deployed (IIS) in Machine 1 -> Configured to run in https with Cert1
    Application 2 -> Deployed (IIS) in Machine 2 -> Configured to run in https with Cert2

Cert1 -> Common Name is *
    Cert2 -> Common Name is *

I am having a button and iframe in Application 1 and if that button is clicked then the Welcome page of Application 2 should show in the iframe as expected result.

But I am getting below error in IE,

"Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate".

When I configure both those application in a single machine I am not facing any issues.

Thanks!

Best regards
    Muthuraja

Monday, June 27, 2016 9:42 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi Muthuraja,

According to the error message, it seems that this is a security blocker for IE7+, so I suggest you to check it.

You can also refer to relevant discussions about this error message in Bing, it might help you troubleshoot it.

Regards,

Angie 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 8:49 AM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi

"Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate".

According to the error message, please try the steps below:

a. Start Internet Explorer.
    b. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    c. Click the Advanced tab, and then locate the Security section.
    d. Click to clear the Check for server certificate revocation check box, and then click OK.
    e. Restart the computer

Then configure the self-signed certificate again.

Please let me know if you need any help.

Regards,

Angie

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 6:17 AM
  • User1551066525 posted

Hi Angie,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried but that didnt work.

Best regards

Muthuraja

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 10:26 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi Muthuraja,

According to the error message, it seems that this is a security blocker for IE7+, so I suggest you to check it.

You can also refer to relevant discussions about this error message in Bing, it might help you troubleshoot it.

Regards,

Angie 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 8:49 AM