none
UAP template error

Question

• I have installed visual studio 2015 community edition with update 3, and since then my uwp project creation fails due to the error "Microsoft.VisualStudio.Universal.TemplateWizards, Version 14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a".

I have tried to reinstall it but the problem retains itself. Even I installed new copy of windows and then tried to install visual studio community 2015, but I am having the same problem. Please help me with this.

Thanks.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Mohsin Ali Ayub,

Thanks for your post.

Have your installed the Universal Windows App Development Tools? Please Select "Modify" in the Installer. Select Features > "Windows and Web Development" > "Universal Windows App Development Tools" > Click Update / Install.

If still no help, I suppose it is caused by a corrupted installation due to some glitch. Please uninstall your Visual Studio 2015 Update3 and do a new full install.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Mohsin Ali Ayub,

Thanks for your post.

Have your installed the Universal Windows App Development Tools? Please Select "Modify" in the Installer. Select Features > "Windows and Web Development" > "Universal Windows App Development Tools" > Click Update / Install.

If still no help, I suppose it is caused by a corrupted installation due to some glitch. Please uninstall your Visual Studio 2015 Update3 and do a new full install.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:02 AM
  • I uninstalled the Visual Studio 2015 Update 3, and reinstalled and it worked.

Thanks.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 6:12 PM