none
Azure Storage Custom Domain on New Portal

Question

• Hello,

If I create a storage account in the new azure portal and then try and create a custom domain, I get a message saying...

-----
    Configure custom domains on your storage account. This will be available in this Preview portal soon. If you want to get started right away, sign in to the current Microsoft Azure portal.
    -----

However, when I go to the current (old) portal, this storage account does not show up. Alternatively, if I create a storage account on the current (old) portal, it will show up in the new portal, but does not let me change any settings.

So, I can accomplish what I want on the current (old) portal, however, I worry how future proof this is. What is the different between a storage account created in the current portal vs the new portal? Will storage account created on the current portal, eventually work on the new portal?

Also, on a related subject, does anything special need to be done to access an image in the blob storage account from within a secure page when using a custom domain? 

Thanks!

• Edited by DavidOg12 Thursday, March 24, 2016 2:13 AM
    Thursday, March 24, 2016 2:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

When create a storage account in the new portal it will not show up in the old portal. The reason being, the storage account is created on ARM model. On the other hand if you create a storage account in the old portal it will still be visible in the new portal under classic storage accounts.

About changing classic storage account settings on the new portal is possible, not sure why you are not able to do so.

If you are just going to add a link in your page, the only requirement is that the blob security settings must be set properly. A private blob cannot be accessed without a key or a SAS URL

If you want to interact with the file client side (say you have javascript that will attempt to upload to the file), you have to account for CORS
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsazurestorage/2014/02/03/windows-azure-storage-introducing-cors/ 

Hope that helps!

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Thursday, March 24, 2016 6:12 PM