none
add a gridview into reportviewer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I'm working on a web project in VS2005 and I'm using the reportviewer control for the first time.  I was successfully able to create a local report and bind it to a dataset that I populate dynamically.  I can see how to add images and text and tables containing data to a report.

Is it possible to add a gridview to a reportviewer?  I have built numerous gridviews from different datasets, all with differing structures, and I want to put them all into a report exactly as is.  Is this possible?

thanks

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 1:13 AM

All replies

• any reason why you need a gridview instead of the table control?

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 4:36 PM
  • because I have code to populate all the gridviews done.  I just want to shove my gridviews into a report.  Is this possible?

If not, how do I use a table control dynamically?  I have many many sets of data I want to put into a reportviewer, the issue is that they all have a different dataset structure. 

thanks

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 4:59 PM
  • Rajeev:

Is the memory stream approach the only way to populate dataTables dynamically on the reportviewer control? Or do you think an alternative approach might be possible ?

BTW, I am  using the reportviewer under a website (Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms).

Thanks

Kaushal

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 8:50 PM