none
Having problem adding references RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to start using the Kinect for windows v2 and have started a new project in visual studio 2013 express for windows desktop. I want to try to implement the simple c++ example here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn799273.aspx

The problem starts with the line:

KinectSensor^ sensor = KinectSensor::GetDefault();

where the compiler gives me the error: C2065 'KinectSensor' : undeclared identifier.

Following the jumpstart tutorials I figured that this might be a result of not having added references to the kinect.

However, when trying to add references in visual studio in my project, it says "No items found".

What I have done is added the path to the kinect sdk in the additional include directories and, added kinect20.lib to the addidional dependencies list.

I figure it is something really basic I am missing but I can't figure out what it is.

• Edited by lekmark Friday, October 10, 2014 11:28 AM
    Friday, October 10, 2014 11:26 AM

Answers

• The api you are referring to is for Windows Store Cx/WinRT applications. For that you need the Visual Studio Express 2012/2013 for Windows version installed. the "Desktop" version of VS Express can only using the COM api. So you would have to port the code to follow the D2D samples from the SDK Browser code samples.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, October 10, 2014 5:55 PM