none
Error when running Task Runner Explorer

Question

• Hi.

Has anyone else experienced the error Message: "Exeption has been thrown by the target of an invocation" when trying to run the Task Runner Explorer?

I have installed the community edition of Visual Studio 15. And trying to follow a Lynda course, I am not able to continue the course due to the error.

I am using Windows 8.1, and have tried installing VS15 on two different machines - but I get the same error.

I have also tried different approaches when building a project. Both using the .net core WEB template and a blank template.

But everytime I get the same error.

Regards,

Jarle

• Edited by theigel Friday, July 08, 2016 9:19 AM
    Friday, July 08, 2016 9:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Jarle,

Thanks for your response.

I haven't seen any error message when create a new ASP.NET Core Web application. The version of my VS is VS2015 Community Update3 as well.

Please re-install the NET Core 1.0 for Visual Studio in the following site again.

https://www.microsoft.com/net/core#windows

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Marked as answer by theigel Monday, July 11, 2016 5:50 PM
    Monday, July 11, 2016 3:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Jarle,

Thanks for your post.

>>I have also tried different approaches when building a project. Both using the .net core WEB template and a blank template.

Did the error only occured when using the  ASP.NET web project? How about testing it using  other project types?

Please try running your Visual Studio in Safe mode to Check whether some add-ins and extensions affect it (devenv /safemode)

By the way, please also provide us the detailed steps then we could reproduce the problem in our sides and we could better troubleshoot your issue.

Thanks for your undetstanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Saturday, July 09, 2016 9:42 AM
  • Hi Lake Xiao,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have now tried running VS in Safe mode (devenv.exe /SafeMode). But I am afraid the result is the same.

And I have tried a lot of other Project types as Android, a couple of Visual basic Projects and a Windows Desktop Project, but the result when trying to og to "View -> Other Windows -> Task Runner Explorer" is the same: "Exeption has been trown by the target of an invocation"

The exact steps are (Of course the Lynda course I am following(http:// www lynda com / ASP-NET-tutorials / Automating-development-tasks-Gulp / 368051/431213-4 . html) is much more andvanced With both Bower and GULP settings - but the result is the same as follows):

1. Opening Visual Studio 2015 (I am running the Community edition - Version 14.0.25421.03 Update 3)

2. File->New->Project. I choose "ASP.NET Core Web Application(.NET Core). and give it a name and a local location.

3. Choose "Web appliction" - and wait for the Project to build.

4. When trying to og to "View -> Other Windows -> Task Runner Explorer" the error Message is showing up.

But I might do something wrong?

Regards,

Jarle Igeltjørn

Sunday, July 10, 2016 8:46 PM
  • Hi Jarle,

Thanks for your response.

I haven't seen any error message when create a new ASP.NET Core Web application. The version of my VS is VS2015 Community Update3 as well.

Please re-install the NET Core 1.0 for Visual Studio in the following site again.

https://www.microsoft.com/net/core#windows

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, July 11, 2016 3:45 AM
  • HI again Xiao,

Thank you for the suggestion to reinstall the NET Core.

It seems that that fixed my problems.

Now I have manged to make a Gulp file and execute it. And I have exited Visual Studio, and re-enter - still it Works.

Finally, open "View -> Other Windows -> Task Runner Explorer" now opens the Explorer.

Thank you very much for the help.

Kind regards,

Jarle

• Unmarked as answer by theigel Monday, July 11, 2016 5:50 PM
    Monday, July 11, 2016 5:50 PM