Enabling TLS 1.0 on SQL Server 2012 for Secure JDBC Connections RRS feed

• Question

• I have a customer that wants to provide access to their business data in SQL Server to perform a BI demo.  The customer is on SQL Server 2012, and wanted to use TLS 1.2, but that is not supported by the application vendor that the database is for, so we're stuck at version 1.0 for now.

The question I have is what do I need to do to make sure the 3rd party vendor has what it needs to make the JDBC connection to the data (they have read-only access).  It sounds like TLS 1.0 is already "enabled" so we just need to make sure the vendor has what it needs. 

Does anyone know how to ensure TLS 1.0 is enabled and what to do to ensure resources connecting from outside the corporate network are using TLS 1.0?

Best regards,

Winston Price

Thursday, September 28, 2017 6:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Dichotomy10,

We can use Powershell to get the SSL and TLS Versions, please refer to the Powershell code in the following article: https://www.sysadmins.lv/blog-en/test-web-server-ssltls-protocol-support-with-powershell.aspx

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click &quot;Unmark as Answer&quot; if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

• Proposed as answer by Teige Gao Tuesday, October 10, 2017 12:25 AM
    Friday, September 29, 2017 5:54 AM