none
WCF net.tcp binding Opentimeout not firing RRS feed

• Question

• I have a WCF service with net.tcp endpoint. I have been using reliable session. In one of our production scenario, the web server was down and in this case the client systems was trying to establish a connection with the service. The clients were stuck up at this point without raising any timeout errors. I wanted to know why there was no timeout exception raised during this scenario when the server is hung and not responding.

Note : The timeout values are set to its default values and the send timeout is set to infinite. 

• Edited by sabarish.m Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:38 PM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:36 PM

Answers

• Hi sabarish.m,

I think it is maybe because that you have set the sendTimeout value to infinite, as far as I known the sendTimetout is the timeout that specifies how long the client can wait for the transport to complete data writing until throwing exception. It is a client side setting. You can try to set the sendTimeout value to 1min to test if it throws the timeout exception.

For more information, please try to refer to the following article:
    #Binding.SendTimeout Property:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.servicemodel.channels.binding.sendtimeout(v=vs.110).aspx .

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 1, 2015 7:04 AM