Cannot delete a storage account RRS feed

• Question

• I have no containers, it was created with the VM depot from the newest Ruby Stack 2.1preview.

Deleted the VM and the disk already. When I try deleting the storage, it shows 

"Storage account '' has container(s) which have an active image and/or disk artifacts. Ensure those artifacts are removed from the image repository before deleting this storage account."

Based from other people's post, the message should contain the number of containers that has an active artifact. Mind doesn't have it, and I can't delete the storage account.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:31 AM

Answers

• Hi RD,

Thanks for posting!

From your description , I guess even if you've already deleted all of your Virtual Machines and it shows 0 there still will be artifacts under the disks tab. I think you may need to delete any images/disks you have remaining in your storage account.Please check your account and try those steps (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b08625c2-a645-4a8b-b060-460e7158ee5c/cannot-delete-storage-account?forum=windowsazuretroubleshooting):

Go to Virtual Machines -> "Disks" or "Images" tab -> select the images/disks that you have located in the Storage Account you want to delete -> then hit the "Delete disk" or "delete image" command. Back these up if you need before hitting the delete.

If you have new finding, please let me know.

Thanks

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 2:25 PM

All replies

• Hi RD,

Thanks for posting!

From your description , I guess even if you've already deleted all of your Virtual Machines and it shows 0 there still will be artifacts under the disks tab. I think you may need to delete any images/disks you have remaining in your storage account.Please check your account and try those steps (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b08625c2-a645-4a8b-b060-460e7158ee5c/cannot-delete-storage-account?forum=windowsazuretroubleshooting):

Go to Virtual Machines -> "Disks" or "Images" tab -> select the images/disks that you have located in the Storage Account you want to delete -> then hit the "Delete disk" or "delete image" command. Back these up if you need before hitting the delete.

If you have new finding, please let me know.

Thanks

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 2:25 PM
  • Hello, didn't get the notification that this was already replied to. I'll attach the screenshot which contains the message. 

It doesn't even show 0. I already removed all VMs associated with it in disk and image tabs. I already removed it before posting about it here.

Thanks!

Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:47 AM
  • Hi RD,

I suggest you could use alerts function. If thread have new post or change, forum system will send you a email.Like this:

About error message, this issue is common.Please refer to those same threads:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10969012/how-do-i-delete-an-azure-storage-account-containing-a-leased-blob

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/karldb/archive/2012/10/18/failed-to-delete-storage-account-xyz07bgys83j7hk.aspx

Thanks,

Will

Friday, November 1, 2013 3:38 AM