none
Javascript syntax highlight RRS feed

All replies

• It should do this now. What are you not seeing that you are expecting?

Jim Cheshire -- Microsoft
    Friday, October 21, 2011 9:04 PM
  • Sure. Tools>Page Editor Options...>Color Coding. Select code view settings radio button, then scroll down list to Script settings and modify as desired. Have fun.

Jim

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.” - Dr. Seuss
    Friday, October 21, 2011 11:42 PM
  • Anyone found a way to set the editor background to black, a la TextMate and other editors? I like the TextMate default colors, which work great on black, not so much on white.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 7:40 PM
  • Ugg, don't want no stinking black background here.
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 9:04 PM
  • Ouch.  Scott, my eyes hurt even thinking about a black background on a computer screen.
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 9:31 PM
  • Heh, heh... I would have thought likewise myself, until I took several PHP and javascript courses at Lynda.com and SitePoint in which the instructors used TextMate with a particular (the default? They were the same...) syntax coloring scheme. Since I was working along, entering the same code, I got an instant A-B comparison, and was amazed at the difference in readability, in the ability to easily discern loops and other control structures, and inexplicably, to spot syntax errors due to misspelling or typos.

Anyway, yeah, if I hadn't experienced it myself, I probably would have a hard time believing it. As we all know, color discernment and preferences are highly subjective, so your (or anyone else's ;-) mileage may vary...  ;-)

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 10:57 PM
  • Prior to being able to change the recent EW versions' default dark scheme, I  found that light or colored text on a black/dark background will give me eyestrain and a headache in short order.   A few websites I've found that think it's cool to have a black background are ones I leave quickly for the same reason.  It's been experienced by me, and:  OUCH!
    Sunday, October 23, 2011 1:22 AM
  • Whatever floats your boat but it doesn't float mine. I'm not a fan of light text on a dark background and color contrast with many shades of red, blue and purple is just too low.
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Sunday, October 23, 2011 3:25 AM