Releases stuck in Pipeline queue RRS feed

• Question

• now I have 8 items in the release pipeline queue that have no reference back to a release definition.  When clicking on the release from within the queue I get redirected to the release definition screen and receive an error:

VS402939: Release with id 7 does not exist. Specify a valid id and try again.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 7:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which service are you used, TFS or Visual Studio Team Services (Visual Studio online)?

Based on my test, if we delete the release or the release definition, the corresponding release still appears in the Agent Queues page. And, when we click the release which has been delete or delete the corresponding release definition, it will redirect to the Releases page, and display VS402939 error.

So, please check that the release that you clicked is exists.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 8:59 AM
  • I am using TFS. and my release definition was deleted.

The problem is the release are blocked in Agent Queues, how can I delete or cancel these releases from Agent Queues page?

Friday, November 24, 2017 7:06 AM
  • Hi,

We can’t delete or cancel the release from Agent Queues page.

If your releases are blocked in Agent Queues, you could disable the queue to set the status to idle refer the Ronald Kaiser’s solution in this link.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/23066/hosted-agent-queue-blocked.html

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:50 AM
  • Hi,

We can't reset the status, because our Agent Queues was deleted! 

Now, How can i do it.

Monday, December 4, 2017 10:00 AM