How to create a custom GFX sAPO in metro style mode

Question

• Hi,

A GFX sAPO is an sAPO(System Effects Audio Processing Objects) whose processing algorithm globally affects the audio streams from all the applications that channel their audio data through the audio engine.

XAudio2 uses XAPOs by attaching them to voices,  it cannot create a custom GFX sAPO.

Media custom extensions in metro style apps are only accessible to the application they are created and registered in.  They are not accessible to other applications. it also cannot create a custom GFX sAPO.

In desktop mode, audio device driver installs custom GFX sAPO. Next, custom desktop apps use MMDevice API to control custom GFX sAPO. In metro style mode, I am aware that MMDevice API is not available. 

Is there any way to control custom GFX sAPO if audio device driver has installed them in metro style mode? if not, how to create a custom GFX sAPO for my audio device in metro style mode?

Thank you.

HappyRabbit.

Thursday, June 7, 2012 2:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• HappyRabbit,

Metro style app settings should be specific to the app and should not be system wide.  I will look into this for you.  What are you trying to create?

Best Wishes - Eric 

Thursday, June 7, 2012 11:47 PM
  • Eric,

I am trying to create a metro style device app to control custom GFX sAPO or LFX sAPO for my USB sound card.

In desktop mode, sound effect manager(CPL) can control custom sAPO by MMDevice API. In metro style mode, I am trying to create a metro style device app to do the same thing for my USB sound card,  so I hope the metro style device app settings should be system wide.

looking forward to your reply.

Best Wishes - HappyRabbit

Friday, June 8, 2012 1:29 AM
  • Happy Rabbit,

System wide settings are available from the desktop only.

Best Wishes - Eric

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 12:00 AM