none
EF Code first from database (oracle) - no tables or views RRS feed

• Question

• I have a connection string to an Oracle database that says is connected when tested. The connection string does not seem to have a place to enter the name of the database and when I look for the tables in Server Explorer it does not show any (unlike my connections to SQL Server databases).

When I use the add class/ADO.NET Entity Data Model wizard and select the following

1. Select Code First from database
    2. Select the appropriate connection string with the radio button for include sensitive data selected

I get an empty choice for tables & views, but it does think it's connected. I'm not entirely surprised by this since the connection string does not seem to have a place to enter the name of the database.

I can get at the Oracle tables using an OracleDataAdapter, but first I need to run an alter query with the database schema (i.e. the database name).

My question is - How do I include the name of the database in the connection string so that I can see the tables in Server Explorer, and hence in the wizard?

Friday, February 17, 2017 3:11 PM

All replies