Content Migration - DotNetNuke to MOSS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Any Automation tool to migrate DotNetNuke site to MOSS 2007. The portal predominantly has content pages, document and photo library and few landing pages. Appreciate pointers for migration. ( 1000+ pages)

If custom soln to be built, how easy to read from DNN?
    Sunday, July 12, 2009 10:19 AM

All replies

• Hi there, Im looking at the same scenario DNN to SharePoint 2007.

Here is a link to some interesting info I just stumbled accross regarding the user store. http://www.codeproject.com/KB/sharepoint/SharePointFBAwDNN.aspx?display=Print

Monday, August 3, 2009 3:09 AM
  • I believe dotnet nuke has API support in .NET. If the content pages are predominantly static html, not much of dynamic behavior, you can use dotnet nuke APIs to read those pages, dump it into a temporary location like file-share, then read the pages from file-share, use sharepoint object model to upload those html pages to the document library.
    This is technically feasible at high-level.

I'm not much sure on how much of API support that is available in Dotnetnuke side.
    Sundar Narasiman
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:13 PM
  • Hi Guys,

I have a strange requirement, I have to move sharepoint (MOSS 2007) publishing site with all custom coded pages to asp.net website. Is this possible, if yes how and is there any article for this? Please help
    Monday, September 27, 2010 3:28 PM