none
Automatic uninstallation of document-level excel customisation - ClickOnce RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have built an document-level excel customisation and deployed it to IIS site. 

Users visit the site (public IP) and clicked the excel file in the internet explorer then it installs itself. They can start using it.

The goal is to let users to run the file from the internet explorer without downloading to their computers. It all works fine until I make changes to the file... released the next version.

The error message is

'the customisation cannot be installed because another version is currently installed and cannot be upgraded from this location'

I know that users can uninstall it and click the file from the internet explorer again to reinstall it but this is not the way they want. 

It needs to be automatically updated by itself or automatically uninstall and install itself when opening the excel file from the internet explorer. 

Is there a way to do this? 

There have been a number of versions I released and the users rather not use it if they keep reinstalling.  

I need to make this working. Can anyone help me please!!!???? 

Kind regards 

Mark

• Edited by SQLMa Thursday, August 23, 2012 1:26 AM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:46 AM

All replies