none
How do I fix Assembly Conflict warnings in Visual Studio 2017? RRS feed

• Question

• I have several errors like this.  The assemblies are different but the paths are the same.
    Consider app.config remapping of assembly "System.Runtime.Serialization.Xml, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" from Version "4.0.10.0" [C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.6.1\Facades\System.Runtime.Serialization.Xml.dll] to Version "4.1.3.0" [C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Microsoft\Microsoft.NET.Build.Extensions\net461\lib\System.Runtime.Serialization.Xml.dll] to solve conflict and get rid of warning.

There is also this one line that reads

5>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2106,5): warning MSB3277: Found conflicts between different versions of "System.ValueTuple" that could not be resolved.  These reference conflicts are listed in the build log when log verbosity is set to detailed.

Germán Hayles

Monday, September 10, 2018 5:53 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I assume you have more than one project file in the solution.

So, you need to check each project configuration for version of .NET Framework used in the project.

Another possibilities:

- you really have two references to System.Runtime.Serialization.xml in the project

- library was copied from wrong version of .NET Framework into obj/bin/cache

- you have a HINT in the project file which pointed to the wrong version of DLL

- you have a glitch related with error on the build of one of the projects.

Could be more options.

Best option to find the source of the problem - do what are recommended - turn on verbose log on Build and look where problem is.

Best regards,

Andrey

• Marked as answer by GermanEZI Tuesday, September 11, 2018 7:10 PM
    Tuesday, September 11, 2018 5:46 PM

All replies

• You can ignore warnings.

Justin Liu Office Servers and Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:26 AM
  • Thanks for that.  I'll ignore them.

However, should the need arise how would I go about resolving a problem like this?

Knowing this would deepen my knowledge of how the IDE works in this area.

Germán Hayles

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 4:35 PM
  • Hello,

I assume you have more than one project file in the solution.

So, you need to check each project configuration for version of .NET Framework used in the project.

Another possibilities:

- you really have two references to System.Runtime.Serialization.xml in the project

- library was copied from wrong version of .NET Framework into obj/bin/cache

- you have a HINT in the project file which pointed to the wrong version of DLL

- you have a glitch related with error on the build of one of the projects.

Could be more options.

Best option to find the source of the problem - do what are recommended - turn on verbose log on Build and look where problem is.

Best regards,

Andrey

• Marked as answer by GermanEZI Tuesday, September 11, 2018 7:10 PM
    Tuesday, September 11, 2018 5:46 PM