none
Events for Small Basic and Square root RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I want to make some events for my Small Basic extension, but I don't even know how to make events at all! Is there anyone who can help me with that? Also, is the formula x^0.5 faster for square root than Math.SquareRoot()?
    ~~AirWaves!!~~
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 3:52 AM

Answers

• Also, is the formula x^0.5 faster for square root than Math.SquareRoot()?
    ~~AirWaves!!~~
    I just tested this by doing a loop of 100000 square roots using both methods. Both took exactly the same time.
    • Marked as answer by AirWaves Friday, September 9, 2011 4:57 AM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 5:10 PM
  • One of the small samples I made to demonstrate how to write extensions (VS2010 C# express) shows how to do events here.  This extension just raises an event when the user changes the display resolution of their monitor as an example.  Its not really trivial, and the syntax will be different using VB, but you should get the idea.

• Edited by litdevModerator Thursday, September 8, 2011 5:56 PM Bad link
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 5:41 PM

All replies

• Also, is the formula x^0.5 faster for square root than Math.SquareRoot()?
    ~~AirWaves!!~~
    I just tested this by doing a loop of 100000 square roots using both methods. Both took exactly the same time.
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 5:10 PM
  • One of the small samples I made to demonstrate how to write extensions (VS2010 C# express) shows how to do events here.  This extension just raises an event when the user changes the display resolution of their monitor as an example.  Its not really trivial, and the syntax will be different using VB, but you should get the idea.

• Edited by litdevModerator Thursday, September 8, 2011 5:56 PM Bad link
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 5:41 PM