SecondaryTile.RoamingEnabled is always true when enumerating pinned SecondaryTiles

Question

• Hello,

I've noticed that if I set RoamingEnabled to false when a secondary tile is created, Windows doesn't roam that tile but its value is always true if you enumerate all the pinned secondary tiles later. It is possible to use the Secondary tiles sample with a simple modification to check this, change line 79 of Scenario3_EnumerateTiles.xaml.cs to print the value of RoamingEnabled:

outputText.AppendFormat("Tile Id[{0}] = {1}, Tile short display name = {2}, RoamingEnabled = {3}  {4}", count++, tile.TileId, tile.DisplayName, tile.RoamingEnabled, System.Environment.NewLine);

In Scenario1_PinTile.xaml.cs, the sample sets RoamingEnabled to false in line 113:

// Set this to false if roaming doesn't make sense for the secondary tile.
    // The default is true;
    secondaryTile.RoamingEnabled = false;

But, if I run the sample, pin a tile and then enumerate the tiles this is what I get:

Is it a Windows 8.1 issue or does it only happen to me?

Friday, June 13, 2014 10:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I can reproduce the problem. But I do not know why the problem occur. I will ask senior engineer to investigate the issue. Please wait for some days. If I have any information about the problem, I will reply to you as soon as possible.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, June 16, 2014 7:24 AM