Cannot use ComboBox when debugging with Simulator in Visual Studio 2013

Question

• I have an app that I am working on which contains a Page that has a ComboBox. The ComboBox is very simple, it just has 4 simple values specified in the XAML. When I attempt to test it using the Visual Studio 2013 simulator, clicking it with the mouse or using the simulator's touch mode on it opens the ComboBox and I see the items I specified in my XAML, and they even get highlighted in gray when I move the mouse over them. But clicking (or using the simulator's touch tool) does not allow me to select them. The only way I have found to select them is to click it and then use the arrow keys and enter to select an item. Why is the simulator not letting me use the ComboBox? Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Thursday, April 9, 2015 1:52 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Nathan -I just tested using this code and had no issues in the simulator:

<Grid Background="{ThemeResource ApplicationPageBackgroundThemeBrush}">
      <ComboBox x:Name="MyCombobox" Width="300" Height="40">
        <ComboBoxItem>1</ComboBoxItem>
        <ComboBoxItem>2</ComboBoxItem>
        <ComboBoxItem>3</ComboBoxItem>
        <ComboBoxItem>4</ComboBoxItem>
      </ComboBox>
    </Grid>

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, April 9, 2015 12:47 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Nathan -I just tested using this code and had no issues in the simulator:

<Grid Background="{ThemeResource ApplicationPageBackgroundThemeBrush}">
      <ComboBox x:Name="MyCombobox" Width="300" Height="40">
        <ComboBoxItem>1</ComboBoxItem>
        <ComboBoxItem>2</ComboBoxItem>
        <ComboBoxItem>3</ComboBoxItem>
        <ComboBoxItem>4</ComboBoxItem>
      </ComboBox>
    </Grid>

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, April 9, 2015 12:47 PM
  • I think I earned the right to the title of IDIOT! I don't know how I ended up doing it, but somehow I ended up using ListBoxItem instead of ComboBoxItem! Well, I guess I need to thank you for making me realize my stupidity, so thanks!

Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Thursday, April 9, 2015 2:38 PM