none
Project Server 2010 - PSI - WCF - unhandled communication fault occurred RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to run the Samples included in the Project Server 2010 SDK.

I'm testing in a VM machine, logged as an Administrator.

I had to install the Febraury 2012 CU for project server and sharepoint foundation to fix the bugs with the graphical indicators.

I've successfully created a new .dll proxy assembly for the WCF PSI services.

I've tried to run the WCFHelloWorld project with my new dll proxy and when it calls to: "QueueCreateProject" it raises "unhandled communication fault occurred".

I've tried to run the same project with direct WCF references (changing the web.config file to include it, iisreset, then change again to the default web.config). Same results.

Above steps done again with the ProjTool Project - Same results.

What am I missing here? Should I modify the default web.config file in the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0\WebServices\Shared\ProjectServer\PSI" Path?

I have multiple PWA instances (3), all of them with NTLM authentication. I'll test it with basic.. But I'd rather like to use NTLM.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Thursday, October 4, 2012 12:03 PM

Answers

• Ok Got it.

I was trying to "Create" a project using the example. The URL of my PWA instance has been used for 2 months in testing purposes, so it had custom fields.

You can't create a project with custom fields if you don't provide/fill them.

I repeated the procedure using a fresh PWA instance deployment (on another site) and worked like a charm.

So, remember! Do YOU have CUSTOM FIELDS in your project template? hope it helps someone!

Cheers.

• Marked as answer by Mario Mira Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:13 PM
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:13 PM

All replies

• check projtool

if it works try to get the code from it

Sergey Vdovin

Thursday, October 4, 2012 2:54 PM
  • ProjTool didn't work. I found what happens, I'll post it.
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:11 PM
  • Ok Got it.

I was trying to "Create" a project using the example. The URL of my PWA instance has been used for 2 months in testing purposes, so it had custom fields.

You can't create a project with custom fields if you don't provide/fill them.

I repeated the procedure using a fresh PWA instance deployment (on another site) and worked like a charm.

So, remember! Do YOU have CUSTOM FIELDS in your project template? hope it helps someone!

Cheers.

• Marked as answer by Mario Mira Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:13 PM
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:13 PM