none
Error: No valid adapters installed on the machine. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm dragging a MetadataUserControl-> from WCF LOB SDK bin (Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Tools.MetadataSearchBrowse.dll)

It's giving me the following error:

Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Tools.MetadataSearchBrowse.MachineConfigException: No valid adapters installed on the machine.

at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Tools.MetadataSearchBrowse.MetadataPanel.EnumerateAllAvailableBindings()

at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Tools.MetadataSearchBrowse.MetadataPanel..ctor(MetadataUserControl usercontrol, AdapterProperties properties)

Please help

Thursday, April 17, 2008 11:47 AM

Answers

• I've uninstalled and installed the Adapter, now it works fine, no error, but I dont get the option of Generate unique schema types check box, I just get Adavanced button and file name textbox. What's wrong?

I had seen in the documentation, the control has Generate unique schema types check box when add adapter reference is clicked.

Friday, April 18, 2008 12:52 PM

All replies

• I get the above error also when I click on "add adapter service refernce" from visual studio. please help

Thursday, April 17, 2008 12:02 PM
  • I've uninstalled and installed the Adapter, now it works fine, no error, but I dont get the option of Generate unique schema types check box, I just get Adavanced button and file name textbox. What's wrong?

I had seen in the documentation, the control has Generate unique schema types check box when add adapter reference is clicked.

Friday, April 18, 2008 12:52 PM
  • Code Snippet

No valid adapters are installed on this machine

I also have this issue.

The article on MSDN was not helping, as my computer is 32bit only

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc185262.aspx

If somebody has any idea, please help !

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 7:13 AM
  • Hi,

You will see this error when you try to add an adapter service refernce and there are no adapters registeres in the machine.config file on your PC. The LOB SDK tutorialruns through how to create the appropriate section for the machine config, there's quite a few properties that need to be set, and it's a bit tricky to get them all correct.

The section from the tutoial is here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb798087.aspx

Regards,

Alan

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 3:12 PM