none
Is it possible to decide whether to enable/disable interactive sort at runtime? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a parameter for each field that lets me know if a field can be sorted or not.
    What I want to be able to do is turn on or off interactive sorting for that column based on that parameters value.

In the dialog you have a check box that says enable interactive sorting.  When that is clicked it appears that you get the two arrows no matter what you put in the expression.

I have tried

=IIF(allowSorting,Fields!myColumn.Value,"")

and

=IIF(allowSorting,Fields!myColumn.Value,Nothing)

but both result in the arrows still being there, just the sort doesn't work.

Is it possible to put an expression on the sort arrows appearing at all?
    Tuesday, June 26, 2007 12:39 AM

Answers

• I have done this by not putting in the UserSort elements and then when I determine that sort is allowed for that column I insert the appropriate elements into the xml before rendering.

From what I can determine there is no way to put an expression on the user sort element in it's entirety.
    Thursday, July 5, 2007 12:56 AM

All replies

• I am binding rdlc file during runtime. While binding I didn't have values in some of the columns.So I don't want to have Interactive sorting icon in the report for the columns which is not having values. How to disable the interactive sorting icon during run time based on the condition.

Thanks in advance

Suresh

email address: rejoin2me@yahoo.com

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 2:20 PM
  • I have done this by not putting in the UserSort elements and then when I determine that sort is allowed for that column I insert the appropriate elements into the xml before rendering.

From what I can determine there is no way to put an expression on the user sort element in it's entirety.
    Thursday, July 5, 2007 12:56 AM