IsSynchronizedWithCurrentItem not working

Question

• I have the following ListView replacing the Content TextBlock in a Split Page template.  Mappings returns a Platform::Collections::Vector<CustomType> that is currently populated with nullptr for each item (work in progress).  I see the correct number of items, so I assume that I have the binding correct.

What is confusing me is trying to get IsSynchronizedWithCurrentItem to work.  If I set it to True, the editor says, "Setting IsSynchronizedWithCurrentItem to true is not supported."  When I run it (it does compile), I get "WinRT information: Failed to assign to property 'Windows.UI.Xaml.Controls.Primitives.Selector.IsSynchronizedWithCurrentItem'."

<ListView Grid.Row="2" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" Margin="0,20,0,0" ItemsSource="{Binding Mappings}" SelectionMode="Multiple" IsSynchronizedWithCurrentItem="True" />

I have another ListView (replacing the Description TextBlock) in the Standard130ItemTemplate that I am then trying to bind to the selected items.

<ListBox ItemsSource="{Binding Mappings.SelectedItems}" MaxHeight="60"/>

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to get this to work.
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:52 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for your feedback,  I can reproduce this issue.
    I will involve more experts to investigate it.

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, January 17, 2013 7:10 AM
  • Hi,

Any update on this one? I still can't make it to work even on my Win 8.1 OS version with Visual Studio 2013.

Thanks!

Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:31 PM
  • I'm having the same issue, exactly as described.

Yellowbus Developer

Monday, September 15, 2014 8:56 PM