none
Install Xamarin Android SDK Emulator

Question

• Hi guys,

I installed yesterday Xamarin on Visual Studio 2015. If I create a blank android application and I start the debug without modifying anything it shows me a message which says that there is a deployment error... how can it be?

I think I don't have the emulator or something like that, here is my AVD screenshot:

Do you guys understand?

Please ask and help me

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 5:25 PM

Answers

• Hi  Johnson.vb,

>>it shows me a message which says that there is a deployment error... how can it be?
    Could you please post your detailed Error Message you have encountered? 

In my Visual Studio2015 update3, I have created a new Android project and debug it on 'AVD_GalaxyNexus_ToolsForApacheCordova' by default, which I have encountered the error message ‘There are deployment errors. Continue?’.  And this situation appeared when I run the project first though debug button in tool bar. Then when I click continue and the project run without any problems next time.

And I have another way to avoid this issue. Click the button 'Android Device Logging(Logcat)' in VS tool bar->click 'change Device' in Android Device Logging Dialog->click start emulator image->choose the default emulator in VS 'AVD_GalaxyNexu_ToolsForApacheCordova'.the follow screenshot is my operate process.

After the emulator started, the we debug the app which will be run well.
    According to your screenshot, you haven’t configure a emulator in AVD Manager. In your screenshot choose a emulator from list box and click the Edit button. And  you could configure the emulator refer to the following screenshot I have set:

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 21, 2016 3:20 AM