Backlight in Kiosk Mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all:

I am creating a BSP design, based on the Mike Hall's Kiosk Mode . Despite I could follow all the steps sucessfully, there is a problem I have not been able to overcome. When HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Backlight\ACTimeout is diferent to 0 (the light is turned off by the driver if there is not activity in the device) no matter if you touch the screen or simulate programatically a keyword event, the light doesn't turn On. It seems that when the Windows shell is left out, the Clicks and Taps events are not caught by the driver.

My question is, how can I force the backlight to turn On, if I have not shell in my Image
    Sunday, October 17, 2010 9:45 PM

Answers

• Hi...

Searching in the web I found this article that describes how to generate a User Activity Event that should reset the timer that turns off the backlight. I would like to test it but the code miss some parts, like the declaration of type "HANDLE" and the Enumeration " EventFlags ". I hope that someone who have been done this before could help me.

Thanks.

VAVSMS
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 8:07 PM
  • Hi,

We can use Activity Event to make backlight effective after we modify the registry. For detailed sample code, please refer to this:
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/windows/Flashlight.aspx?msg=3015202

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 3:23 AM

All replies

• Hi...

Searching in the web I found this article that describes how to generate a User Activity Event that should reset the timer that turns off the backlight. I would like to test it but the code miss some parts, like the declaration of type "HANDLE" and the Enumeration " EventFlags ". I hope that someone who have been done this before could help me.

Thanks.

VAVSMS
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 8:07 PM
  • Hi,

We can use Activity Event to make backlight effective after we modify the registry. For detailed sample code, please refer to this:
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/windows/Flashlight.aspx?msg=3015202

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 3:23 AM
  • Hi Guang:

I could make the backlight timer to reset (and the backlight turn on) by extracting a small part of the example at the link that you provided me. Especifically generating a BackLightChangeEvent did the trick.

Thanks for your help.
    VAVSMS
    Monday, November 15, 2010 8:50 PM