locked
Error in VS Build: Files has invalid value "<<<<<<< .mine". Illegal characters in path RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am having the following errors in my VS build

     

    Error 2 Files has invalid value "<<<<<<< .mine". Illegal characters in path.

     

    The only info coming out is the Project its associated with, however there is no file with this name.  Any help would be appreciated.  It is a working copy of a subversion controlled project (client is tortoise svn).  But I can't see how this would be cause the problem with the build process?

     

    Kind Regards,

    Luke Cloudsdale

    Friday, December 7, 2007 5:56 AM

Answers

  • That is something that SVN inserts into a file when it tries to merge its version of a file with what you already have locally and it cannot do it successfully.

    When you perform the get from SVN, you should be able to specify that it replaces the files locally instead of trying to merge them. Alternately, you could delete the local files before doing the get.

     

     

     

    Saturday, December 8, 2007 7:54 PM

All replies

  • That is something that SVN inserts into a file when it tries to merge its version of a file with what you already have locally and it cannot do it successfully.

    When you perform the get from SVN, you should be able to specify that it replaces the files locally instead of trying to merge them. Alternately, you could delete the local files before doing the get.

     

     

     

    Saturday, December 8, 2007 7:54 PM

  • That is something that SVN inserts into a file when it tries to merge its version of a file.

     Simplest thing to resolve this which i tried doing was  ...

    remove any characters "<<<<<<< .mine" or  similar from the file that you will see in your project object  folder namely

    <Projectname>.csproj.FileListAbsolute.txt

    which contains a list of all the paths and recompile ...it worked for me


    You may should read more at
    http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/faq.html


    • Proposed as answer by Watashi_me Friday, December 4, 2009 1:49 AM
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 10:42 AM
  • To really answer this question: Delete the obj folder in your project. This will resolve this 'issue'.

     

    • Proposed as answer by Zdravko Noev Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:47 PM
    Sunday, May 30, 2010 9:33 AM
  • To clarify this for newbies... rename the obj folder, and then restart your project solution file, and then save it again as normal.  Now you have a new obj file and you can delete the one you renamed.

    Steve

    • Proposed as answer by DS19 Monday, July 22, 2013 9:08 AM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:39 AM
  • It was helpful for me. I simply deleted from the file FileListAbsolute.txt the line with the extrange characters and it worked.

     

    thanks a lot

    Monday, May 30, 2011 7:07 AM
  • Delete the obj folder, it would work fine.

    Thanks,

    -Sanjeewa

    • Proposed as answer by Vaibhav_Shah Thursday, December 10, 2015 3:32 PM
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:52 AM
  • Deleting the Debug or Release folder depending on the Active solution configuration: worked great,  as Elger says. The files are rebuilt anyway.

    I just wonder why they are read in the first place when doing a build.

    Thanks for the answer,

    Mike


    • Edited by Rom225 Thursday, November 24, 2011 2:06 PM forgot to reference the poster.
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 2:05 PM
  • Deleting the obj folder worked for me. Thanks a lot!

    • Proposed as answer by Szidar Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:49 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Szidar Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:49 PM
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:49 PM
  • Deleting the obj folder worked for me. Thanks a lot!

    This error is caused by the Subversion "Resolved..." function.
    Delete the /obj folder in each project that is compile and re-compile.

    Its working fine or create new new folder in Subversion and then add the Solution.

    Regards

    S.Baskar

    Monday, December 10, 2012 10:14 AM
  • Deleting the obj folder and reopening the project worked for me. 

    The problem occured when my system shut down unexpectedly by showing the blue screen, when i tried to reopen the project again this problem came, and resolved by deleting the obj folder.

    I am using the VS 2010 IE premium version and TFS as the source control.

    Hope this may be helpful for others.

    Thanks a lot.

    
    

    • Edited by chennas Monday, February 18, 2013 1:23 PM
    Monday, February 18, 2013 1:21 PM
  • This solution helped for me and I successfully build project.
    Friday, June 28, 2013 8:38 AM
  • Hi,

    In this project you can modify this file: ProjectNAme.csproj and at the same time you can delete the value "<<<<<<<.mine"  and that's it.

    Friday, December 5, 2014 9:36 PM
  • Good idea to rename the folder than delete it...
    I try it, then rebuild the solution...
    Problem solved...
    Tuesday, January 6, 2015 4:37 AM
  • Thanks Sanjeewa! it worked for me!
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 1:48 PM
  • This really worked for me. Awesome.

    Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:20 PM
  • It worked for me too.

    Thank you so much!
    Tuesday, July 28, 2015 7:16 PM
  • It worked for me. Thanks.

    Thanks, Vaibhav Shah

    Thursday, December 10, 2015 3:32 PM
  • Excellent, thanks so much


    • Edited by maucilliyo Tuesday, June 12, 2018 1:40 AM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2018 1:40 AM
  • This Fixes my error, You deserve a medal
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 9:22 AM