none
System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotation.Schema not exists VS11 RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I am using Visual Studio 11  and i am trying to use EF5 beta-2 to test the enum option

Scenario:

1- i created a class library project with target framework 4.5

2- i opened the Package Manager Console (PMC)

3- i typed " install-package entityframework -pre"

4- PMC installled for me the EntityFramework and also System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotation

5- i tried to make this example below

[Table("Employees")]
    public class TEmployee{
    [Key,DatabaseGenerated(DatabaseGeneratedOption.Identity)]
    public int ID{get; set;}
    [StringLength(100),Required]
    public string Name{get;set;}

}

6- compiler gave me error that i am missing a reference
    7- i read about the entity framework that they moved the TableAttribute to System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotation.Schema namespace

8-  i tried to add using at top for : System.Component.DataAnnotation.Schema but it wasn't there

any idea guys?

thanks in advance

Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job.(Mosher’s Law of Software Engineering)

Saturday, March 31, 2012 7:31 AM

Answers

• Greetings,

the problem was in the Visual Studio program i have, it was Visual Studio 11 Preview, the problem solved when i upgrade it to Visual Studio 11 Beta

thanks for everyone tried to help

regards 

Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job.(Mosher’s Law of Software Engineering)

• Marked as answer by Hadi2008 Wednesday, April 4, 2012 6:45 AM
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 6:44 AM

All replies

• Greetings again,

i opened the entityframework.dll version 5.0.0 beta-2 in reflector and it doesn't contain System.Component.DataAnnotation.Schema!!

while the entityframework.dll version 4.4 ( VS2010) in reflector it contains it

how to solve this issue?

regards

Saturday, March 31, 2012 8:45 AM
  • Hi Hadi2008,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

I can repro the issue, I will consult the product team and come back as soon as possible.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 2:51 AM
  • Greetings,

the problem was in the Visual Studio program i have, it was Visual Studio 11 Preview, the problem solved when i upgrade it to Visual Studio 11 Beta

thanks for everyone tried to help

regards 

• Marked as answer by Hadi2008 Wednesday, April 4, 2012 6:45 AM
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 6:44 AM
  • Hi Hadi2008,

I'm glad to hear that you have solved the issue, and thanks for sharing the experience.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 6:50 AM