Support Auto Sequence Surround in Custom Activity Designers RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for information on how to support the auto sequence surround feature in WF 4.5. After setting "AutoSurroundWithSequenceEnabled" to true on my DesignerConfigurationService I see the built-in activities auto surround with sequences but my custom activities do not. A StackOverflow post indicates I need to specify AllowedItemType="sa:Activity" on the WorkflowItemPresenter in the activity designer, but I don't see any change with this.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 4:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It supports auto-surround with sequence in .NET framework, starting with .NET Framework 4.5, when adding a second activity to the designer surface, a Sequence activity will be automatically created to wrap both activities. This feature is supported in the rehosted designer. Here is the reference, see: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205428%28v=vs.110%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 it will be helpful to troubleshoot your issue.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by DevSpark Wednesday, November 25, 2015 2:50 PM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 8:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It supports auto-surround with sequence in .NET framework, starting with .NET Framework 4.5, when adding a second activity to the designer surface, a Sequence activity will be automatically created to wrap both activities. This feature is supported in the rehosted designer. Here is the reference, see: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205428%28v=vs.110%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 it will be helpful to troubleshoot your issue.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by DevSpark Wednesday, November 25, 2015 2:50 PM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 8:16 AM
  • Thanks! I took another look and realized that I need to implement the code from the StackOverflow post on the parent activity not on activities that get dropped. Everything is working now.
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 2:50 PM