Store app name translation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I uploaded my app to there store. It has a German and a English name but in the German store it displays the English name.

I reserved two names for the app and in the app manifest I translated the names:

Package Display Name: ms-resource:sPackageName

DisplayName: ms-resource:sName

Now I am not exactly sure which name is used for what. The display name is the name the app has if you search for it in metro? What is the package display name used for? Is this the name which is used in the shop? Or is there another name I missed?

Best Regards

Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:45 PM

Answers

• Display Name

Specifies the friendly name for the app that is displayed to users. This string is localizable. You must not use two explicitly reserved words as the Display Name for apps that are uploaded to the Windows Store: "NoUIEntryPoints" and "NoUIEntryPoints-DesignMode". These identifiers are reserved for use by development tools and test suites.

Package Display Name

Specifies the friendly app name that appears in the Store. When the package is uploaded to the Store, this name is replaced.

Package Name

Specifies the unique name that identifies the package on the system. When the package is uploaded to the Store, this name is replaced. The Package Name is case-sensitive. Use the Package Display Name to display a package name to users. This string must not end with a period and must not be one of these strings: "CON", "PRN", "AUX", "NUL", "COM1", "COM2", "COM3", "COM4", "COM5", "COM6", "COM7", "COM8", "COM9", "LPT1", "LPT2", "LPT3", "LPT4", "LPT5", "LPT6", "LPT7", "LPT8", and "LPT9".

Read more here:

Sara Silva

• Edited by saramgsilva Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by mark_1h Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:26 PM
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:50 PM

All replies

• Display Name

Specifies the friendly name for the app that is displayed to users. This string is localizable. You must not use two explicitly reserved words as the Display Name for apps that are uploaded to the Windows Store: "NoUIEntryPoints" and "NoUIEntryPoints-DesignMode". These identifiers are reserved for use by development tools and test suites.

Package Display Name

Specifies the friendly app name that appears in the Store. When the package is uploaded to the Store, this name is replaced.

Package Name

Specifies the unique name that identifies the package on the system. When the package is uploaded to the Store, this name is replaced. The Package Name is case-sensitive. Use the Package Display Name to display a package name to users. This string must not end with a period and must not be one of these strings: "CON", "PRN", "AUX", "NUL", "COM1", "COM2", "COM3", "COM4", "COM5", "COM6", "COM7", "COM8", "COM9", "LPT1", "LPT2", "LPT3", "LPT4", "LPT5", "LPT6", "LPT7", "LPT8", and "LPT9".

Read more here:

Sara Silva

• Edited by saramgsilva Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by mark_1h Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:26 PM
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:50 PM
  • Thank you but I don't get it.

The package display name is the name of my app in the store? But why is it replaced? With what is it replaced?

Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:55 PM
  • Now I am confused. A few hours ago it still displayed the english name. Now it displays the german one!? I did not change anything. Not on my system nor anywhere else.
    Friday, October 19, 2012 7:06 PM