locked
400 error after site was restored RRS feed

  • Question

  • A user had a document get corrupted in a document library on a SPS 2003 site with no versioning enabled.  We had a backup file of the site so it was restored to it's location https://server/sites/name via the stscmd command.  After the site was restored, the main page of the site collection started giving a 400 error.  All the subsites in the site collection are accessible, but the main landing page is not.

     

    We do have a backup of the top level site that we attempted to restore via stsadm, stsamd -o restore -url https://server -filename file.dat -overwrite, but it threw already in use errors at us.  Does anyone know what happened or how to get the main site collection landing page restored?

     

    eric

    Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:28 PM

Answers

  • What we did to resolve:

    Sites were backed up, database was taken offline.  Main portal page was restored from backup from 2 weeks ago, most recent was backed up when it was down, individual sites were restored.  All was well in the land.

    eric
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 2:40 PM

All replies

  • Turn up the logging on you system using by setting the following registry key to set it do pretty much debug mode;

     

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\6.0\LogLevel=9

     

    Reboot.

     

    What I would then do is remove this duplicate site and try re-importing again, if you hit any errors the LogLevel=9 settings should capture it for you in Event Viewer now.

     

    Hope that helps,

    Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:56 PM
  • I can try that, but I don't know how effective it will be.  The site is fine after importation, it's the landing page of the entire site collection that's the problem.  Without access to the main landing page, no site collection admin functions can be performed.

     

    https://portal, 400 error

    https://portal/sites/site, page displays fine.

     

    Friday, July 11, 2008 12:11 PM
  • What we did to resolve:

    Sites were backed up, database was taken offline.  Main portal page was restored from backup from 2 weeks ago, most recent was backed up when it was down, individual sites were restored.  All was well in the land.

    eric
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 2:40 PM