none
WCF-SQL Bindings Missingmethodexception ?? RRS feed

• Question

• I try to use the new WCF-SQL adapter but i get all kind of strange errormessages when I try to configure a Recive or Send port.

I Get :

---------------------------
    WCF-SQL Transport Properties
    Error loading properties.

(System.MissingMethodException) Method not found: 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationElement Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Converters.BindingFactory.CreateBindingConfigurationElement(System.String, System.String)'.

OK  

I have seen several blogs post but i have not seen a solution yet.

http://fehlberg.wordpress.com/2010/03/10/sp1-and-the-oracle-adapter-in-biztalk-adapter-pack-2-0/

And a comment here :

http://blogs.msdn.com/biztalk_server_team_blog/archive/2010/01/29/biztalk-server-2006-r2-sp1-now-available.aspx

But does anybody know how to solve this. I know you can do that with a custom binding, but I don't know how to create one. And i don't have another binding that i can use as a template........

So how to get this working.......

Well0549, Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 7:12 AM

Answers

• Are you using BizTalk 2006 R2 SP1? It is a known issue and I will update the thread with KB article number as and when it is ready.

For time being, you can get it working with WCF-Custom adapter. You don't need to create a custom binding. All that you have to do is, create a WCF-Custom send/receive port and use the binding named 'sqlBinding' in the list of bindings registered. (which is already registered by the adapter)

You can try similarly for other bindings(sql, oracledb, oracleebs, sap). Please note that only the design time experience would be different for WCF-SQL and WCF-Custom with sqlBinding. The runtime behavior will be the same.

Thanks,

Jeevitha

Friday, April 9, 2010 11:00 AM

All replies

• On top of that it locks the enitre database when a send fails........
    Well0549, Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 9:02 AM
  • Are you using BizTalk 2006 R2 SP1? It is a known issue and I will update the thread with KB article number as and when it is ready.

For time being, you can get it working with WCF-Custom adapter. You don't need to create a custom binding. All that you have to do is, create a WCF-Custom send/receive port and use the binding named 'sqlBinding' in the list of bindings registered. (which is already registered by the adapter)

You can try similarly for other bindings(sql, oracledb, oracleebs, sap). Please note that only the design time experience would be different for WCF-SQL and WCF-Custom with sqlBinding. The runtime behavior will be the same.

Thanks,

Jeevitha

Friday, April 9, 2010 11:00 AM
  • There is now a hot fix from Micrsoft that can help you resolve this issue. I am not sure if it is released yet so you might want to open a ticket with Tech support and they will send you a hot fix for this and other known issues.

We had a similar issue in late April and MS was able to provide us with a solution that works great!

Some of the KBs addressed by this hot fix are:

973387, 976613, 976891, 976926, 977289, 977292, 977329, 977529, 978059, 978404, 978796, 979095, 979438, 979709, 980453, 980690, 980712, 982061, 982384

Language: All (Global)

Reddy

• Proposed as answer by ReddyK Tuesday, May 11, 2010 1:54 PM
    Monday, May 10, 2010 10:33 PM
  • Saturday, May 15, 2010 8:43 PM