NETFLIX in Media Center Recording problem RRS feed

• General discussion

• Okay I've been round and round with Netflix and Microsoft (gotta love them) has no real support on the support website (unless you want to pop the $59.00).  Can someone help me with this - I've looked everywhere and had no real luck.

When the new (official) Netflix add-in to Microsoft Vistas Media Center is activating and running (ie playing a movie) and a recording activates in Media Center for recording a TV show the video plays fine, but the TV recording turns into an indecipherable jumpy mess.  Apparently from talking to Netflix the addin utilizes Silverlight (unlike the other third party Netflix viewers available on the web that don't produce this problem) so it would appear that when silverlight and the Netflix plugin are using the player they are conflicting with the recording software in Media Center. 

Any ideas? I'm at a loss how to fix this one aside from dumping the "official" plugin (which otherwise works great) for a less compatible but more reliable version since Microsoft doesn't want to stand behind this thing and Netflix is - according to their support people - only providing content.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:59 PM